Sunday, 6 October 2013

Calendars

Calendars are found throughout many homes and are very useful.  These are simple and fun to make.  I downloaded the calendar boxes from downloadable calendars and opened them in word, this allowed me to alter shape size and orientation. 






  I didn’t want the calendars to be too big so opted for the whole thing to fit on one piece of card.  I’ve stamped onto vellum for this as it provides a gentler image.  To stamp on vellum you need a fast drying ink and one that won’t bleed when colouring, I recommend a stazon ink.  







Stamp your image and cut around it or leave a circle/square as I have done.  Then colour it.  I’ve chosen pencil crayons as again I feel it helps to add to the gentle look.  To bind the calendars I’ve used kebab sticks.  Punch holes in the tops of all the calendars and thread a ribbon through each side and tie in a small knot to form two individual loops.  





Next tie a very large loop onto a kebab stick this will be where your calendar hangs on the wall.  Push the kebab stick through the two ribbon loops and you’re finished the calendar is ready to hang.  




1 comment:

  1. Lovely calenders. I like your choice of images - they don't appear to specific to females so could be given to men as well.
    Gwyneth
    From the SDD FB Group Blog Ladder

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better