Sunday, 13 October 2013

Bucket list of books





This is perfect for any reader.  I’ve made from card a simple book and sewn it together down the middle.  

Next I’ve covered the pages with papers and using the bookatrix I’ve embossed and cut out little ‘books’.  You don’t really need a bookatrix score board you could easily do this free hand but I have one so used it.  




I wrote the author and title of any really good books I’d like to share with people on the mini books and adhered them to the pages. I tried to make sure my bucket list included books from lots of different authors and genres to not only encourage wide reading but also to hopefully find one that the recipient had already heard of or read to make it less daunting.  


Whilst this is a good present I do suggest including a book from the list or a book shop voucher to aid the recipient in reading the books.



5 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of this. I really should try and find the time to read more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual and interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anything similar before. I like your idea of writing book titles on mini bookatrix pages. Using the board certainly makes it easier to keep to a consistent shape and size.
    Gwyneth
    From the SDD FB Group Blog Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely stuff x Visiting from sdd blog ladder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am visiting from SDD best blog.
    I really love your blog, and am now following you. This is my first visit and certainly will not be my last.
    Love all this.
    I hope that you have a fantastic day.
    Great big hug.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab I love it, so different , popping by from the Stamping Dragons Facebook Group Blog Ladder xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better