Sunday, 29 September 2013

Paper bag album

Paper bag albums are a cheap way for any scrapbook fan to make a scrapbook.  






Start by collecting paper bags, they do need to be clean so try not to use any that have had sandwiches etc in.  Once you have enough {remember one bag makes two pages} you need to fold it in half and pierce holes all down through the centre of it.  






Now you’re going to sew it to bind it together.  Using a large needle and I used some cross stitch thread sew from one end to the other making sure you fasten off tightly so that it doesn’t come unthreaded. 





Once the book has been fastened the real fun can begin, start to decorate your book using papers.  Again I’ve used up half sheets, or small sheets from the same pack or even sheets in coordinating colours, this makes for a cheap but still very affective book.  




I’ve also kept everything flat as otherwise it makes it difficult for the book to close.  I’ve chosen to back my photos in coordinating papers but it’s not essential you can use a plain card or none at all.  




The reason I’ve done this is so that my book is made in advance and come Christmas all I need to do is take plenty of photos, print the ones I want, add them to the pages along with my journaling.  

If you are giving this as a present you can leave it blank for the recipient to put in photos and journaling or complete the whole process for them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better