Sunday, 4 August 2013

Thank you Card Sets

Thank you cards aren’t regularly sent anymore but I like to send them and these are ideal for children to send to grandparents and other relatives.  You can of course make traditional cards but I wanted to be different so have used two different tag methods.



The first is the easiest.  On an A4 sheet of card I drew around a tag five times making sure one side was lined up against the other.  After cutting it out I used those lines to score down through and folded first to the left then the right so that the tags are concertinaed.  Now you’re ready to decorate.   You can use papers, ink, die cuts, embellishments or stamped images.  I used distress inks for the background and then I die cut the letters THANK and YOU from two different sets of dies then I adhered them using a quickie glue pen to the tags.  I then stamped images and coloured them using inktense pencils. 



For the second one I drew and cut out {you can use a die if you want} multiple tags and inked them with two similar colours of distress ink, then used a Stamping Dragon Deisgns sheet to pop a small embellishment picture on the tags. I made the tag box from scratch but there are plenty of templates you can use that are available on the internet.  Alternatively you don’t have to use a box at all just pop one or more in an envelope.  I Decorated my box and wrote THANK YOU on it, then on the tags I placed inside I wrote messages, “for” and what I wanted to thank them for.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better