Saturday, 15 June 2013

savings jar

This is a perfect present for anyone wanting to save for that something special.  I'd just like to say I personally wouldn't label the jar as savings nor would I have it in plain sight...it is pure temptation to anyone wanting some free cash otherwise.




To make this you will need:


  1. Jar or container with a lid
  2. Paper
  3. Glue gun and glue
  4. Ribbon

Measure by rolling the jar along the paper and marking the size you want then cut it down to size.  I recommend using a thick paper so it doesn't rip.

Glue top and bottom edge of the clean and very dry jar one side at a time, slowly rolling the paper around it one side at a time.  I've used a bisto jar so it is square with rounded corners...take your time and allow the glue to set in place as you go.

Take the lid and glue around the side...then wrap some ribbon around it.  Don't worry about cutting the ribbon to length, just let one side hang until the glue has set the trim it to size.  



My lid has a little dip in it so I cut a small piece of paper and ran my finger nail around the edge of the dip then cut the paper around where I had scored using my finger nail, you could use a ball tool or anything similar just make sure you don't pierce the paper.  Using your glue gun, glue inside the dip and quickly place the paper on it.


I've left mine blank having used patterned paper but if giving this to children I recommend die cutting their names and gluing on.  


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty creation. A nice use of an old bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better