Sunday, 28 April 2013

Favour boxes

Last week we looked at altering gift boxes and moving on from that I am sharing an alternative to crackers for your table.  I have chosen triangle boxes as they create a different shape on the table and can be stood to increase space for other things.

To alter the favour boxes you will need:


  • Boxes
  • Paint
  • Cosmic Shimmer Spray
  • Joanna Sheen Xmas CD
  • Glue
  • Gesso
I bought the boxes but anyone cleverer than me can make them!  Paint them with gesso if they are brown first if not just paint them in your chosen colour.  Once the paint is dry apply a layer of cosmic shimmer spray to make the boxes sparkle.  You can use a complimentary colour or for a more dramatic look chose a contrasting colour.  Wait for the shimmer spray to dry.  Meanwhile print your chosen images from the cd or stamp and colour some.  Cut your images out and when the box is dry glue them to the box.  This is it, all that remains is to find something to fill your favour boxes with, you could make something {an earlier post from us showed you how to make jewllery that would fit nicely in these boxes wraped in cling wrap or cellophane bags chocolates would be a nice treat and a later blog post will discuss how to make your own chocolates} or you can buy something.

Here are some pics of my favour boxes that I now use year on year.





6 comments:

  1. This is fab hun, will be trying this idea out for sure! Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, very nice... love your creation father Christmas and Santa... I came on over from the SSD blog ladder... new follower... can't wait to see your next creation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Christmas alresdy !!! Only joking, though I do think you can't be prepared enough. Fab idea for these wonderfully festive boxes.

    Angela ( DT) Stamping Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sall and thanks for your visit. I must remember to post my scrapbooking projects on the correct blog....doh!

    Angela
    Frangipangie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh now that explains my confusion over the link appearing twice and thinking I'm sure I've seen that before. Do you require a repeat of the comment?

      Delete
  5. New follower! I love to do christmas all year round so will be watching and learning and hopefully making! lol
    Hugs
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better