Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Bookmarks


Bookmarks

Although many people have kindles there are still some people who adore the feel and smell of a 'real' book. It may even be cost effective if people use libraries therefore there are still some people who would more than appreciate a bookmark or two as presents.

For these bookmarks I used the idea I found in a craft stamper magazine and popped into a local decorating store and picked up some paint charts.  Then I used a pigment, stazon or memento ink to stamp different designs on them.  I made theme sets as I want to send a set of book marks to multiple people and each person will receive one from each colour set.  I then mounted them on white card, cut them out before punching a hole in one end, adding an eyelet and then tying some cross stitch silk through it for a tassle.  Because I was making sets of bookmarks I wanted something to present the set in and as an alternative to boxes I decorated some envelopes.











































1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful Sall. You've done yet another beautiful display. Such a great idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better