Sunday, 24 March 2013

Altered photo frame

This is probably the cheapest thing I have made as a present to date:

Total cost of this one is £2

I bought the photo frame in cream before sanding it down so that the ink would adhere better.

I used memento and distress inks to stamp foliage on to all sides of the photo frame then using a penny black stamp I stamped the image of the elephant and coloured using promarkers but any colouring media is fine.

Cut the elephant out and using hot or cold melt glue adhere it to the frame. I chose to put it on one corner.

So that I didn't/don't send an empty frame I aged a piece of card cut to size for the frame with old paper distress ink and simple stamped a quote/sentiment in the center of the card.

Here's my finished frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better