Sunday, 27 January 2013

Christmas goodie bag with a difference

Hello all you lovely people, I have been let loose with todays piece so of course it just had to have a dark twist to it :D

All of those pretty Christmas gift bags are great, but not everyone likes cute and pretty so I thought I would show you an alternative for those friends who like things a bit different.

This is a really quick and easy way to get your gift bag personalised it has taken me about 10 minutes to do this one.

I started off with a plain bag from Different color art & stamps, they are a company based in the Netherlands, I picked up these bags at the international craft and hobby fair at the NEC last November. 
I started off by rubbing walnut stain distress ink over the edges of the bag, then gave it a spray with some perfect pearls mist in blue patina, green patina and mint. After a blast with the heat gun it was dray and ready for stamping.
I used some rubber stamped from smeared inks very skelly Christmas set  and coloured the image with promarkers, the snowflakes are from the same set and were stamped randomly with weathered wood distress ink.
To finish off the bag I used a bit of red twine to tie it up.




2 comments:

  1. Omg, this is brilliant. It is so "Nightmare before Christmas"... Love the Tim Burton twist to the classic! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags..Mgt.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave constructive criticisms and links to websites/tutorials where I can learn to do things better